online

Thứ Năm, 14 tháng 1, 2010

Feedback Incorporated

Shoot 1UP's playtesting sessions have been going really well and already yielded some nice changes. Thanks for testing everyone! It's been great trying to fold various suggestions into my overall design of the game in order to create an even stronger version.

Here's some new features that weren't initially in the game but were influenced through the recent playtests.
  • Awards system: Originally I hadn't planned for it, but it is great fun to have little extra challenges for which to strive in addition to "just beating the game" or a high score.
  • Story paintings: I had a story in mind as I was creating the game initially but wasn't sure if it was going to fit the final game. Dean Dodrill suggested I add some story element to make the game feel "complete".
  • 1UP super-bombs: Initially if you hit the 30 ship single-player max, the 1UPs just added to your score. Players wanted something more, so I decided the extra 1UPs could be triggered to act as super-bombs instead!
  • More Bosses and monsters: I love making monsters. That shouldn't be a surprise after Weapon of Choice. But initially Shoot 1UP was going to be pretty small. It's not a giant game now, but it's definitely filled out, and so far everyone's really loving all the new bosses!
The game is getting close to finish and I'm sending out preview copies to the press. It's wrapping up really nice and should be in your hands within the month!

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét